Construction Project Manager
The Construction Project Manager is responsible to assist and manage as directed with the Design & Construction process for Colonial Downs Racetrack and Satellite Wagering Facilities (OTBs/SWFs). The role will include, among other things, working with designers, contractors, sub-contractors, and architectural services, to ensure construction projects are delivered as set forth by company construction budgets, timelines, and design standards. Maintain confidentiality of all privileged information in accordance with established procedures with company policy and state regulations. Adhere to all Internal Control Policies and Procedures as well as ensure Purchasing Policies and Procedures are followed.
The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive.
- Attend Design, Construction, and other meetings as pertinent to the success of the project. This may include times prior to 8am or after 6pm as needed.
- Supports company initiate to provide opportunity to Virginia, small, women owned and minority businesses, Virginia 1st, DBE, SWaM.
- Communicate daily to the VP of Construction & Facilities project updates, needs, or issues as they arise during the course of construction.
- Communicate and coordinate with architects, contractors, or designers to comply with company design and construction standards set forth by approved plans and specifications.
- Review bids for all major purchases and construction items to ensure securing the most advantageous deal in relation to price, quantity, quality, service level, and delivery schedule.
- Review Change Orders and make recommendation to VP of Construction and Facilities as to such.
- Continually project timelines and communicate any concerns or changes to the VP of Construction & Facilities.
- Travel to multiple locations during the work week to review work by contractors.
- Ensure compliance with Internal Control Policies and Procedures. Adhere to regulatory, departmental, and company policies in an ethical manner.
- Conduct him/her in a gracious, kind and warm manner that creates a sense of fondness, as well as professional, courteous and responsive manner, which reflects positively on the company and its core values. #AddLIfe
- Other duties as assigned.
Must have ability to:
- Communicate effectively at all levels.
- Work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Move around all work areas effectively and efficiently.
- Work long hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Extended time seated as well as on your feet.
Three (3) or more years of Construction Management experience. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every Team Member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the company.
- Obtain required license(s).
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the Team Member’s department.
- Consult with the appropriate individuals and maintain an effective system of written policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure compliance with regulations and Internal Controls.
- Take the appropriate steps to investigate exceptions, fraud, and potential violations and report such instances to the appropriate levels of management.
- Reports any acts of wrongdoing on behalf of any Team Member that they have knowledge of.